Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Into the Forest...(Sculptural Experiment)

.



'Into the Forest' is an installation that originally came from another project idea, but once I projected into the exhibition space it became a very different piece. I see this project as still a very much work in progress, where I would like to be able to re-install it in a much larger space, and explore the ways of involving the public...
This for me was more a realisation of how sometimes when you put an idea into a different context, it can completely change the message behind the work. This piece very much makes me think of my work a few years ago, also using imagery from nature and projecting onto the human body. This is a different exploration, in which I create a walkway into the projection, a space for the public to explore their own presence within the space...

No comments:

Post a Comment