Monday, February 21, 2011

Making my subject choices.....

Today I finally got to decide what subjects I will be taking whilst at NABA!

~These are my subjects:

-History of Contemporary Art  I
-Analysis and Design of Audio Spaces
-Video Installation (Video Art)
-Aesthetics
-Sculpture
-Cultural Anthropology
-Public Art & Urban Interventions

I feel that this combination of subject areas will give me a wide scope of concepts and a great diversity in mediums to work with. This process has especially made me more excited about the exchange now that I know what I will be studying....

NABA as an art institution is much more theoretical in its approach to teaching than DoJ. There is a  timetable with classes taking place everyday, which means that a lot of our time at the academy will be discussing these mediums and concepts as well as practically exploring them.

It is definalty going to be very interesting to be learning in a new environment for the next 5 months. I am sure that there will be a lot to learn from the Italians and the way they view Art and teach it. I look forward to expanding my artistic knowledge and coming back to Dundee to translate it all into the work I will make for my final year.

No comments:

Post a Comment